stc takes the protection of your data seriously. We believe that everyone should feel confident that their data is being kept secure.
Privacy Statement – A note to our customers
- 1. What data does stc collect?
We want to give our customers the best possible experience. In order to fulfil this, we need to collect personal data from you for certain processes such as providing a service and when you enquire about our services. The Data we collect may include:
- Personal information such as name, address, date of birth and other contact details.
- When you contact us through our call centre or any feedback you’ve provided through our platform(s).
- Location data to establish a connection between our network and your device or location.
- When you visit our platform(s) we collect device information such as the IP address of your device, device model, its settings and network information.
- Cookies on our platforms that help us provide you a tailored experience.
- Your marketing preferences that you provide when you sign up for our products and services.
- Data that we receive from third parties where you have given them permission to share your data with us.
- 2. How does stc use the data we collect?
We mainly use the data collected to ensure that we are providing you with relevant content, products and services that meet your requirements, and to deliver more efficient account management and updates regarding your services with stc. Here are some other ways in which we use this data:
- To help us refine our products and services.
- To make sure that we are sending you communications about and services that you’ve shown an interest in.
- To ensure you enjoy a good end-to-end customer experience with us.
- To keep you updated on any changes to your services, and to advise you on how you can get the best out of our services and products.
- To enhance our customer support by analyzing your interactions with us.
- To ensure our service and network is secure and to detect and/or prevent fraud or crime.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To better understand our customers and how they use our services so that we can improve our offerings to provide a better customer experience or to create new services.
- 3. How long does stc keep my data?
This depends on the type of data and how we use it. When we make a decision on what data to keep, we consider the information we need to best provide you with our products and services, to help us manage your relationship with us, and to make sure we can meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- 4. How does stc secure my data?
At stc, securing your personal data is extremely important to us, which is why we take appropriate measures to protect your data. We use a range of security technologies and processes and actively monitor emerging cyber threats on a 24x7x365 basis.
- 5. Who does stc share my data with, and why?
If we ever share your data with third parties, you are assured that we always have a reason. Your data will only ever be shared with third parties that we trust explicitly. Here is a list of instances in which we share your data, and the third parties to whom we share it with:
- Organizations who work on stc’s behalf to provide you with products and services.
- If applicable, marketed by third parties under our service.
- If we believe your personal safety is at risk.
- If we are required by any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency.
- If there is a change of ownership of our company. In this case, we would require the new owners to keep your data confidential.
- If we suspect that you have given us false information and we have reasonable grounds to do a further investigation.
- Where a third party is processing your data on behalf of stc and is required to disclose it by law.
- Where a customer has made a complaint and we need to investigate it.